We believe in "structural education" to ensure consistent, predictable and repeatable results
- The program will consist of 24 hours of virtual face-to-face teaching sessions over 12 weeks.
- Each week, a 2-hour or two 1- hour face-to-face session is scheduled. Each 2-hour session consists of 1 hour of pronunciation tutoring and 1 hour listening/conversation tutoring.
- Through an initial one-hour Pre-Assessment session, prior to the beginning of the program, each student's current skill-level will be determined in three areas: English pronunciation, English conversation and English listening.
- An individualized learning plan will be developed from the Pre-Assessment, stressing areas needing the most improvement.
- The student will be provided the materials they will need for their required self-study during the week, practicing their pronunciation and speaking before they attend their next session. The listening/conversation tutoring in the next session will be based on the self-study materials the student has been practicing. The tutor will ask questions related to the materials and the student will be doing most of the talking by answering the questions with the tutor correcting any pronunciation imperfections on the spot.
- Progress reports are submitted weekly based on tutor's assessment that addresses student's current progress.
- Through a final one-hour Post-Assessment session, upon the completion of the program, a post-assessment report will be provided to the student for their overall achievement/improvement level.
We are heavily invested in Information Technology
- Assists tutor in assessments by providing a standardized scoring system.
- Assists tutor in formulating lesson plans and progress reports.
- Savvy English utilizes an industry-proven, commercial, virtual, web-based meeting system to provide the face-to-face portal between student and tutor.
- In addition, the Savvy English system provides online scheduling, email communication, report generation among other utilities.
- A scoring system will also be provided to both students and tutors to assess the effectiveness of the program.
We focus on the student
- It is important for our tutors to foster a learning experience which encourages the student to pronounce, speak and listen to English in a one-to-one environment.
- Tutors will focus on the student's pronunciation weaknesses, teaching them how to properly position mouth, lip, jaw, tongue so they can pronounce correctly. Through which, they would feel more comfortable in English speaking.
- We want to establish and maintain a good rapport between student and tutor.